Tuesday 16 June 2009

The Process

Resident chickens at 20 Coop.

Since Thursday, the iBeat Reporting team has spent the majority of its time in front of the computers in the arctic chill of room 653.  We've spent long nights capturing, editing, re-capturing, and re-editing.

The process has been like brushing out a serious knot in  tangled head of hair.  There are so many tiny details in the editing process that you just have to keep combing through the sequences until it's perfectly smooth.  With two days left until we go live, I feel like my video has just some mild frizz (Final Cut and its finicky text feature- blast!) to take care of before it's a stylish do.

Also, still have to edit my voxpops (curses to them!!!), additional b-roll, the audio component, the written story... oh, it never ends.

I think it was Adrian who said, "You never finish a project.  You just abandon it."  It's true- we could go forever tweaking material and adding new multimedia components.  But we're down to the line now.  I think it was Adrian who also said, "It's good to have a goal."

I say, "It's good to have a vacation."

I've seen bits of my team members work and I'm feeling very optimistic about all of this.  It's going to be spectacular and worth every second of bloodshot-late-night-work.

No comments:

Post a Comment